Thursday 8 November 2007

UMNO and Being a True Muslim and the People's Rally of November 10, 2007

From Malaysia-Today: Read here for more

Related Article: Read here for more and HERE

"....PAS Youth has declared it OBLIGATORY ’ for ALL members to join the mass assembly for electoral reform in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday,(Nov.10) organised by the Coalition for Clean and Fair Elections (Bersih).

Youth chief Salahuddin Ayub said everyone “who professes to be a member of PAS Youth” MUST participate in the rally, which will press for royal intervention in reforming the electoral process.

“I remind all PAS Youth members throughout the country that their presence in this peaceful gathering is very important if they profess to be members, and seek to continue this struggle,” said Salahuddin in a statement issued today.

“I ask that ALL PAS Youth prove their love for justice and peace - if Buddhist monks in Burma dare to demonstrate on the streets in seeking justice, there is NO reason PAS Youth should not be there at the peaceful gathering.”
Read here for more on Malaysiakini

From "Maharugu58" Blog: Read here for more

"....BERSIH is going ahead with it's rally no matter what!

So Malaysians, YOU decide as to whether YOU would want to reclaim YOUR rights to assemble in peace or remain shackled under the present oppressors in the Be End.

If it's to be, it's up to US, the PEOPLE, to make the change!

STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS and save this nation from being a victim of oppression as what Pakistan is facing now!

-Zainol Abideen

Quote:
"... I know that some Ummo chaps will be there (at Dataran Merdeka)

The 10 November 2007 gathering at the Dataran Merdeka is NOT an Opposition gathering. Umno chaps will also be there.

Therefore I appeal to the Opposition party members:

  1. Do NOT bring any of their party flags.
  2. Do NOT even wear your party T-shirts.
Just wear YELLOW because we have quite a number of Umno friends attending the gathering; so let’s show them some consideration and respect.

They are with us, united by a common cause, so let’s unite under yellow and not be separated by party flags, colours and symbols.

And to our NON -Muslim comrades, I am sure your religion also propagates that you oppose cruelty, injustice, oppression, persecution and all forms of transgressions, corruption, abuse, etc. Not only Islam, but all religions preach that you to do good and avoid bad. No religion preaches that you do bad.

So see you at the Dataran Merdeka on 10 November 2007 as well.

Daulat Tuanku! Daulat Tuanku! Daulat Tuanku!
..."
-Raja Petra Kamaruddin

by

Raja Petra Kamaruddin

Excerpts: Read here for more

".... UMNO is circulating leaflets at all the mosques with my mug-shot on it and a caption labelling me as anti-Islam. It seems my hidden agenda is to bring down Islam.

If I, Raja Petra Kamarudin, one man, can bring down Islam when in 1,400 years many more powerful empires before me have failed, then that certainly makes me a very powerful individual indeed.

Anyway, let them wallow in their fantasies.

After all, that is what the ongoing Umno General Assembly is all about: an Exercise in Fantasy and Futility.

These Umno types will confine themselves to keris-kissing and arse-licking, the Umno President’s arse that is.

What Islam Says:

  1. Sheikh Imran Hussein says that bribery comes under the category of riba’ (usury) and that the sin of riba’ is equivalent to the sin of sexual intercourse with one’s own parent.

    Are the Umno types, Islamic then, when they perpetuate and indulge in bribery and corruption?
  2. Islam says you must OPPOSE cruelty, injustice, oppression, persecution and all forms of transgressions, corruption, abuse, etc.

    -- You must speak out against all this, says Islam.

    -- You must openly and visibly demonstrate your displeasure and disgust, says Islam.

    -- You must oppose it with your hand, says Islam.

    -- If you do not dare oppose it with your hand then oppose it with your mouth, says Islam.

    -- And if you still do not dare oppose it with your mouth then you must oppose it with your heart, says Islam.

    -- However, those who only dare oppose it with their heart and do not dare oppose it with their hand or their mouth demonstrates the characteristics of a very poor Muslim who lacks faith (iman), says Islam.
Yes, that is what Islam says.

The Umno chaps do NOT follow what Islam says.

The yardstick of my good Muslim traits is NOT in the fact that I attended the ongoing Umno General Assembly.

It is measured by my action in opposing cruelty, injustice, oppression, persecution and all forms of transgressions, corruption, abuse, etc.

    A Good and True Muslim will be at Dataran Merdeka, 10 November 2007

    And that is what the 10 November 2007 gathering at the Dataran Merdeka all about, at least as far as I am concerned.

    I just want to be a good and true Muslim. And I WILL DO THAT by turning up at the Dataran Merdeka on 10 November 2007.

    I shall do the correct Islamic thing by opposing cruelty, injustice, oppression, persecution and all forms of transgressions, corruption, abuse, etc.

    Sure, they have threatened to arrest those who are behind the 10 November 2007 gathering. But if I have to suffer arrest for being a good and true Muslim then so be it.

    I do not fear man. But I do fear the wrath of God.

    And I will incur the wrath of God if I do not oppose cruelty, injustice, oppression, persecution and all forms of transgressions, corruption, abuse, etc. God had made it mandatory that I oppose cruelty, injustice, oppression, persecution and all forms of transgressions, corruption, abuse, etc.

    This is NOT my choice. This is God’s choice.

    I can of course avoid going to the Dataran Merdeka on 10 November 2007 by renouncing Islam. I can declare that I have become a murtad (apostate) and am now no longer a Muslim. I can say that I do not believe in God or believe that Muhammad is the Prophet of God. Then I will be exempted from going to the Dataran Merdeka on 10 November 2007.

    But as long as I still wish to remain a Muslim then I have no choice in the matter.

    Whether I really want to go to the Dataran Merdeka on 10 November 2007 is NOT my decision.

    Islam has decided that I must, as it is my Islamic duty to do so.

    Don't Wear Party T-Shirts and Don't Bring Party Flags

    Well, I know that some Ummo chaps will be there.

    Yes, the 10 November 2007 gathering at the Dataran Merdeka is not an opposition gathering. Umno chaps will also be there.

    Therefore I appeal to the opposition party members to not bring any of their party flags. Do not even wear your party T-shirts. Just wear yellow because we have quite a number of Umno friends attending the gathering; so let’s show them some consideration and respect.

    They are with us, united by a common cause, so let’s unite under yellow and not be separated by party flags, colours and symbols.

    And to our non-Muslim comrades, I am sure your religion also propagates that you oppose cruelty, injustice, oppression, persecution and all forms of transgressions, corruption, abuse, etc.

    Not only Islam but all religions preach that you to do good and avoid bad. No religion preaches that you do bad.

    So see you at the Dataran Merdeka on 10 November 2007 as well.

    Daulat Tuanku! Daulat Tuanku! Daulat Tuanku!

    No comments: