Related articles on the latest on Perak Crisis:
- Who Killed Democracy in Perak? Is it UMNO and/or the Perak Royal Palace?
- Zambry and UMNO is Provoking a Heightened State of Fear and Civil Chaos in Perak. The Sultan CANNOT Continue to be Silent in this Constitutional Farce
- The Perak Royal Palace Cannot Afford to be Just a Spectator in the Constitutional Mess that was Created
Open Letter from Raja Petra Kamarudin to Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin
Comments from Readers: Read here for more
Monday, 2 March 2009
Dear Datuk Seri,
I am going to make this short and sweet. No more cheong hei article from me.
They can lock the Perak State Assembly building if they want. The building is not important. If the building is inaccessible -- say like there is a flood or an earthquake brings it down -- does this mean the State Assembly can’t meet?
Of course it can. It can meet anywhere, not necessarily in that particular meeting (place).
Go find another meeting place, tonight, now itself, and hold the meeting there tomorrow.
Pass a vote of confidence to support you as the Menteri Besar.
Then pass all the other motions, including the motion to dissolve the Perak State Assembly. Then drive up to Bukit Chandan as soon as possible and inform Tuanku of the State Assembly’s decision.
If Tuanku refuses to comply with what is clearly lawful, then challenge him and, if necessary, trigger a Constitutional Crisis like never before seen in the 52-year history of this nation.
The people are ready. The next ‘revolution’ is not going to be a race riot a la May 13.
It is going to be a class struggle. And I am with the Rakyat on this, never mind my so-called Royal background.
I speak as a Royal but speak for the Rakyat.
And rest assured there are many other Royals who share my view.
Don’t allow a handful of those who sit on the throne intimidate you into thinking that you are alone, representing the Rakyat, against the Monarchy.
No, we are with you, as are many other Royals.
Grab the bull by the horns and bring it to its knees. And if this bull wears a crown so be it.
The Rakyat have spoken. Don’t back down now. Go all the way or forever lose that advantage.
And if you fail to go all the way, the Rakyat will never forgive you and you will lose our support till the end of time.
Daulat Tuanku. Daulat Tuanku. Daulat Tuanku.
Patek yang hina sembah Tuanku dan memohon perkenan agar Tuanku jangan kecewakan Rakyat.
Hasrat Rakyat ialah untuk mencari kebenaran dan keadilan. Biarlah ini juga menjadi hasrat Tuanku.
Daulat Tuanku. Daulat Tuanku. Daulat Tuanku.
- Raja Petra Kamarudin
- Better still, hold the State Assembly meeting at the Istana ground, and prove to the Sultan that there are 28 votes for vs 21 abstentions.Then write a termination letter firing the State assembly secretary for insubordination. Let him find a job with UMNO.
- Kenapa nak susah susah. Adakan mesyuarat tergempar di Istana sahaja. DYMM Sultan boleh menjadi saksi terhadap sokongan yang diberikan kepada Menteri Besar and juga membubarkan kerajaan negeri. Tak akan pula UMNO nak tutup Istana... Derhaka kepada Sultan membawa maut, itu yang diperkatakan oleh UMNO. Daulat Tuanku! Daulat Tuanku! Daulat Tuanku!
- I would suggest to Nizar to bring a make-shift tent to the state assembly tomorrow. In case the gate of the state assembly is locked, open up the tent and hold the meeting at the gate of the state assembly in the full glare of all passers-by, local and foreign journalists, camera-men, tv crews, etc . You are still holding a meeting at the state assembly, is it not? That will make a great impact and shame the ruling regime. Immediately, the whole world will know the absurdity and the high-handedness of the BN government and the Perak royalty.
- Datuk Seri Nizar. We are with you. Just do it
- “An 18th century American lawyer, Patrick Henry, once wrote, ‘The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government...” In graphic terms, what the famous American patriot was in effect saying is that the law is what political scientists call the cage that prevents the lion of power from mauling the innocent lambs, the black sheep, the hard-working ox and the cunning foxes that are found among the people. (Roger TAN )
-" Raja Chulan"
- Are Umno politicians and lawyers illiterate? The state and federal constitutions clearly spells out the separation of powers between the executive, legislative and the judiciary. The actions of the Speaker are beyond the jurisdiction of the courts. Why then did Zambry file several applications to the court to overturn the Speaker’s decision? The court should rightly refuse to entertain Zambry’s applications as it has no power to do so. Anything interference by the court will violate the constitution and create an even bigger constitutional crisis which strikes at the heart of our Westminister system of government. Locking up the state secretariat building to prevent a meeting of the Assembly from being held is a brazen interference of the executive into the legislature and typical of the thuggish behaviour of Umno. The best solution to the Perak impasse is to dissolve the Assembly and call fresh elections. Any party which dare not face elections has no right to call itself a legitimate government.
- Yes, Nizar, the Rakyat is behind you all the way. We are with truth, democracy and justice for all. If UMNO claims that they are for democracy and the people, then let the people decide who they want. Long live RPK, Long live PKR and importantly, long live the Royalties!
- Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin, I truly admire your courage. Had the Ketua Menteri post in Perak been held by any other person, he would have had his tail between his legs and walked away quietly. But you are truly a warrior of the people. Pakatan has chosen the right candidate and you truly shine. As RPK says, go ahead, we're all behind you. The Rakyat have spoken. The Royals must remember the "waddat" (the promise made between the rakyat and the raja) of Sejarah Melayu.
- Datuk Seri, PR is voted into power by the people and they are your asset, whereas it is common knowledge that BN the liability has been discarded. By all means fight them for we only see the winner in PR only.
- This is the shortest but also the most direct message ever given by RPK. Yes, Dato Seri, go for it on behalf of the rakyat. This is the only right thing to do at this stage! The good people of Malaysia are with you all the way! Peoples' power will win the day eventually!
- You make me speechless my dear Pete. Ive gone broke with the Sultan and Najib's manipulations. History will always remember the greatest son Malaysia bore-- and all the virtues of your dear father that you profess. He smiles from Heaven at you dear RPK. God Bless your lineage and all your generations to come. You have given the breath to the people of Perak ! Remember , God speaks in mysterious ways.
- Dr. Shad Faruqi said, '..from day one of Merdeka, the King and the Sultans were open to civil suit for their official actions. They were only immune personally. In 1993 even the personal immunity was taken away.' Tuanku, the Rakyat is well informed, in that the Perak Constitution sits ON your crown, higher still.
- Long waited for this direct message from RPK! We will fight to bring this BN tyranny down!
- This is the most concise message you ever delivered. Datuk Nizar, try to get his message right. Terse and instructive. No more delays please! PR YBs, please notify the PR state assemblymen of this call. They can lock whatever they wanted locked away. It is a sign of fear of losing something they want possessed. But they cannot lock the power of the people. Some people still do not understand from history.
- Datuk seri Nizar, the land you are a Mentri Besar is a land,that great warriors lived and fought against the British rule. Dato Maharaja Lela was one of them.Our ancestors fought their fight to give us this free land,now is your time to fight the fight. Malaysian are behind you,so fight bravely..let our future generation remember you as the man who for fought freedom and truth.Let the people's power prevail.
"-son of soil"
- Datuk Seri Nizar, All Perakians(of course with the exception of a handful of UMNO/BN diehards, can count the number)will be with you in this struggle as you are our legitimate elected MB of Perak. All my colleagues, friends, family memebers, family friends, neighbourhood friends, work place friends, and right minded Perakians and Malaysians alike are solidly behind you. Yes, go ahead and take the bull by the horns and restored back the dignity to the Perak state legislative assembly. May GOD give you the strength and with the People's power, please do the right thing to uphold democracy in Perak/Malaysia.
- YES, I am all for "revolution". This is the moment we have been prepared.