Shameless politicisation of a Malaysian institution of higher learning -the UMNO Way
- see below for the reason why.
Read HERE how UiTM website explains the meaning of UiTM's logo. It did NOT explain the DESIGN itself. Readers can interpret the placement of the various symbols in the logo such as that representing, quote, "the sovereignty of the Malay kings".
Universiti Technology MARA (UiTM)
In August 1999, the then Prime Minister of Malaysia, Mahathir Mohamad announced the change of name of Institute Technology MARA to Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM).
According to its website, UiTM today (2008) has 3 satellite campuses, 15 branch campuses, 9 city campuses, 19 affiliated colleges and a smart campus , and a workforce of 15 000. The university offers more than 250 academic programmes and home to almost 120,000 students. It boasts, " ..... a reputation as being one of Malaysia's innovative and entreprenuerial universities through its research, innovation and links with business and industry. The diversity of its research spans the fields of medicine, nanotechnology, photonics, bio-molecular science, mechatronics and linguistics, to name but a few. .." Read here for more
The 10% NON-Bumiputra Intake Controversy in 2008
Universiti Technology MARA or commonly referred to as UiTM, was recently embroiled in the controversy when the Selangor Menter Besar proposed that UiTM should consider having 10 % of NON-bumiputera intakes.
Not surprising that the Opposition Pakatan Rakyat's Selangor Menteri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim's proposal was received with hue-and-cry by the UMNO-backed students and UiTM faculty staff and ridiculed by the UMNO President-cum Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi.
2. Youth Leader, UMNO Kg. Pulai (1981- 1983)
3. Committee Member, UMNO Youths Jasin, Melaka (1982 - 1983)
- Ahli UMNO sejak tahun 1968 hingga sekarang.
- Ketua Pemuda Cawangan UMNO Kg. Pulai, Melaka (1981- 1983)
- AJK Pemuda Bahagian Jasin, Melaka (1982 - 1983)
- Pengerusi (Pengasas) Kelab UMNO Carbondale USA (1983)
- Presiden Kelab UMNO USA Washington D.C. (1985 - 1987)
- Exco Kelab Alumni UMNO Luar Negara (1995 - 2006)
- Penasihat Kelab Alumni UMNO Luar Negara (2006 - sekarang)
- Ahli Biro Penerangan UMNO (2006 - sekarang)