While in Custody of MACC
"Marks around his (Teoh's) neck could mean that he was STRANGLED , while the injury to his anus was caused by penetration with an object before his fall.
His skull fracture was not typical of an injury from a fall but was more compatible with blunt force being applied directly to the skull."
- Dr Pornthip Rojanasunand
UPDATED: Read here in Malaysiakini for more
Renowned Thai pathologist Dr Pornthip Rojanasunand suggested that the political aide could have been strangled before falling from the 14th floor of Plaza Masalam.
The flamboyant doctor noted that the marks on Teoh's neck indicated the possibility of 'manual strangulation'.
Furthermore, she pointed out that Teoh's skull fracture was not typical of an injury from a fall.
In another startling revelation, Pornthip said the injury to the deceased's anus could have been caused by penetration with an object before his fall.
In view of this, her conclusion is that there is an 80 percent probability that Teoh's death was homicide and 20 percent chance of it being suicide.
The pathologist also disagreed with the opinion of forensic experts that Teoh 'fell to his death consciously', saying that the deceased could have been unconscious.
She also cited three reasons for making the conclusion. These were:
1) The autopsy reports indicated that he was alive when landing on the ground, but she found no protection injuries on the body.Testifying in English, she said Teoh suffered several injuries before he suffered a fall and died.
2) She found wounds that looked like pre-fall injuries.
3) The chest injuries were result of primary impact.
She said the injuries on Teoh included a penetration in the anal region, an abrasion on the thigh and strangle bruises on the neck, and they were incompatible with a fall from a height.
Findings based on autopsy reports
The 54-year-old expert, who was asked by the Selangor government to testify on the cause of Teoh's death, said her findings were based on the autopsy reports of Dr Khairul Azman and Dr Prashant Naresh Samberkar and post-mortem pictures made available to her.
The Thai expert came to the court at 8.50am wearing a tight top, long black skirt and boots, and sporting funky red and light brown streaks in her hair.
She had also prepared a slide presentation to assist the court to better understand her testimony.
"From the post-mortem picture, I found that there was a contusion on the right side of the neck, which we (pathologists) call a handle bruise, and this injury is compatible with injury caused by manual strangulation," said Porntip who has conducted more than 10,000 post-mortems.
She said the injury was not indicated in the autopsy reports prepared by Khairul Azman and Prashant which were given to her for examination.
"I also found penetration injury in the anal region which can be caused by inserting an object in that particular part. I have never seen such injury in cases of a fall from a height," she said, pointing to the post-mortem pictures displayed on the slide.
She said she also found an abrasion on an upper thigh of Teoh which could have been caused by beating.
"Another injury which I found was fracture of the skull, which may have been caused by a direct blunt force to the skull prior to the fall," said Porntip, the 30th witness at the inquest.
She said it was possible that Teoh was unconscious when he fell from the fifth floor, based on the absence of reaction injuries on the body, and added that the wounds looked like pre-fall injuries, and the severe chest injury was the result of the primary impact on the ground.
Was the body dragged?
When asked by counsel Malik Imtiaz Sarwar, for the Selangor government, as to the abrasion mark found under Teoh's shoe, the forensic expert said: "It looks like the body had been dragged. In normal cases of a fall from a height, the shoes would not have left an abrasion mark like this," she explained.
When asked by coroner Azmil Muntapha Abas whether the floor surface could have caused the dragging effect, Porntip replied: "Hard and rough surface".
"However my forensic team did not find anything that may have caused this effect when they examined the 14th floor (MACC office) the last time," she said.
Pornthip was testifying as an expert witness at the inquest which is being held to determine the cause of Teoh's death.
She is the director and co-founder of the Thai Justice Ministry's Central Institute of Forensic Science and is well-known for investigating complicated homicide cases.
Teoh, the 30-year-old political secretary to Selangor executive councillor Ean Yong Hian Wah, had been summoned to the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission office on the 14th floor of Plaza Masalam to be questioned over irregularities in the disbursement of state funds on July 15.
He was found dead the following day on the fifth floor service corridor of the building.
Dr Pornthip told court she has conducted more than 10,000 autopsies, of which about 100 dealt with fatal falls from a high place.
The inquest will continue on Nov 9.
The renowned and flamboyant Dr Pornthip is the director and co-founder of the Thai Justice Ministry’s Central Institute of Forensic Science.
She is well-known for her prowess in cracking open complicated homicide cases and is a celebrity of sorts in her homeland.
She is the author of Investigation of Corpses which sold 100,000 copies in Thailand, and also led a group of international forensic scientists in 2004 to identify the remains of the Asian tsunami victims.
Her life and work was narrated in a National Geographic documentary entitled Crime Scene Bangkok in 2004.
Teoh Beng Hock dipukul dan dicekik sebelum jatuh
Read here for more
Pakar forensic dari Thailand, Dr Pornthip Rojanasunan, memberikan keterangan yang mengejutkan dalam inkues kematian Teoh Beng Hock hari ini apabila berkata, tengkorak kepalanya pecah bukan kerana jatuh tetapi kerana pukulan kuat.
Tanda bulatan merah pada tengkuknya pula bagi beliau adalah akibat dari dicekik dengan menggunakan tangan dan ia adalah kesan jari pada tengkuk mangsa.
Bagi beliau, Beng Hock jatuh ke atas lantai di tingkat bawah tempat mayatnya ditemui dalam keadaan tidak sedarkan diri.
Dia juga berkata, kesan luka pada anus (dubur) mangsa juga akibat dari kemasukan objek keras sebelum beliau jatuh.
Berdasarkan kepada perolehan itu, beliau memberikan rumusan bahawa 80 peratus punca kematian Beng Hock adalah kerana dibunuh dan hanya 20 peratus sahaja kerana bunuh diri.
Image Dr Pornthip (gambar) memberikan keterangan dalam inkues Teoh Beng Hock di hadapan Koroner, Azmil Muntapha Abad. Beliau dipanggil sebagai saksi profesional oleh keluarga Teoh Beng Hock.
Teoh Beng Hock ditemui mati selepas memberi keterangan kepada Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia (SPRM) Selangor pada 16 Julai lalu, diatas tingkat lima, Plaza Masalam, disini, yang menimbulkan pelbagai persoalan.
Dr Porntip atau lebih dikenali dengan Dr Death mempunyai lebih 30 tahun pengalaman dalam bidang ini telah menyiasat lebih 10,000 mayat sepanjang kerjayanya sebagai pakar forensik.
Beliau mendapat pengiktirafan dari seluruh dunia dalam bidang ini.
Beliau yang memeriksa beribu-ribu mayat mangsa tsunami yang melanda Thailand sebelum ini yakin, semangat mereka yang mati itu melindungi dalam menjalankan kerja-kerjanya sebagai pakar pathologi.
Sebagai bekas pesakit kanser yang berjaya melawan penyakit maut itu, Dr Pornthip yang juga pakar DNA, sedang berusaha untuk meningkatkan sains forensik di negaranya.
MACC had maintained their 'suicide' allegations right from Day 1. They want and desperately need to wash their soiled hands clean. And in the process, they had taken the Malaysian rakyat for a bunch of fools. Or idiots. Probabbly that's how they manhandled the deceased, TBH, while he was in their custody at the ungodly hours of that fateful day. Like some ferocious tigers mangling their victim, a lame tame deer, in their own territory. Even with the renowned pathologist's expert testimony in the Inquest as to the 80% probability cause attributed to homicide, you can bet MACC remains just as stubborn and adamant on their original misconceived theory. That's the problem with this present Government. Remember when the Sin Chew reporter was arrested and detained under the ISA, the then Home Menteri was saying it was done for her own protection? This mentality and attitude of Barisan would never change. They are ALWAYS right. They are ALWAYS correct 3 times over. Everyone else is ALWAYS wrong and incorrect. Irregardless whether you are from Pakatan or just any one of the Malaysian rakyat.
we demand the murderers gang and all to be hanged for these wrong doings
which is planned and executed to order by khir toyol who also should be hanged without mercy!
Damn the murderers @#$%^&* , DAMN !
Post a Comment