In the run-up to the Bukit Gantang by-election on April 7, the police has restricted PKR on the issues it can raise at its daily ceramah.
According to a state PKR leader, the police have imposed several conditions to PKR when approving their permits for the ceramah.
Among the main restrictions are:
- No instigating the crowd by questioning the Perak sultan's decision
- No mention of the Altantuya issue must be made
- No racial and religious issues can be raised
- PKR must ensure that the crowd at its ceramah is confined to the area where the event is being held.
It is learnt that PAS was only told to stop their ceramah by 11pm so that it would not be a disturbance in the kampung areas.
The Altantuya issue has been used by the opposition, especially the PKR, to implicate Najib in the death of the Mongolian national, a charge which the Umno politician has repeatedly denied.
And as in previous election campaigns, several posters of Altantuya and Najib have already found its way to Bukit Gantang.
Altantuya Shaariibuu's remains were found scattered in a jungle reserve in Shah Alam, Selangor on Oct 19, 2006.
Two special elite policemen who are bodyguards to VIPs including Najin are facing murder charge, of which a decision is expected early next month.
At the same time, the opposition has also been highlighting the manner in which Perak Umno, led by Najib, had ‘stolen' the state government from Pakatan. They have also questioned the manner an Umno man was named as the new menteri besar.
Subsequently, Mohd Nizar refused to step down as menteri besar after he was ordered to do so by the Perak sultan, a move which had earned him the reputation of committing derhaka (treason) against the sultan.
Meanwhile in Bukit Selambau, it is learnt that one of the restrictions imposed on political parties was that all ceramah must be held indoors.
From MarGeeMar blog: Read here for more
Polis telah menggunakan kuasa MENGHARAMKAN penceramah penceramah menyebut perkataan isu Altantuya, isu Agama dan Isu Perkauman, permit yang dikeluarkan dari Balai Polis Bukit Gantang.
Polis yang bernama `Zamani' telah memperkuat kuasakan perkataan Altantuya tidak boleh sentuh dalam ceramah. Alangkah gilanya syarat syarat yang diperkenankan.
Eloklah kita persoalkan
- Kenapakah Isu Altantuya diharamkan?
- Manakah logiknya.
- Kenapa begitu sensitif hingga polis terpaksa mengambil tindakan sedemikian?
- Siapakah yang memerintah polis lakukan sedemikian? Najib?
- Kenapa tidak boleh disebut sebut nama Altantuya?
- Adakah pihak Polis menyokong pembunuh Altantuya lakukan kegiatan membunuh Altantuya? Atau berhasrat menutup kes ini?
- Dimanakah letaknya human right dikaca mata polis, dimanakah letaknya hak kemanusiaan yang dilaung laungan di perlapisan dunia?
- Kenapa Polis tidak menjaga keamanan negara malah menganggap isu Altantuya lebih penting dari segala?
- Bukan mainnya, rakyat semakin sangsi atas kecekapan polis, tapi polis bagai TAIKOH uang diiktiraf oleh kerajaan UMNO/BN.
- Dimanakah letaknya sistem demokrasi berpalimen Malaysia. adakah Polis ingin jadikan Malaysia sebagai POLICE STATE?
- Bilakah polis diwartakan sebagai pernaung bangsa dan negara?
- Adakah isu Altantuya boleh menghasut polis? Setahu rakyat polis hanyalah berhak menjaga keamanan dan ketenteraman negara, tapi bukan penyekat kebebasan bersuara.
Pihak polis tidak menghormati kebebasan bersuara, takut isu Altantuya dijadikan sebagai isu sensitif yang boleh menghasut ketenteraman masyarakat.
Adalah wajar pihak polis harus mengkaji undang undang sebelum mengistiharkan apa apa syarat syarat diperkenanakan?
Jangan memperbodohkan rakyat, namun rakyat memang mempunyai hak untuk mengetahui perkembanagan politik negara.
Selagi polis tidak menghormati hak rakyat, rakyat tidak akan menghormati polis. itu lah keadilan sejagat yang diwariskan oleh demokrasi.
FROM HANTU LAUT
I can understand not to mention or ridicule the Sultan of Perak decision on the Perak crisis but why would mentioning Altantuya name is now considered sacrilegious.
If the Home Ministry acted on this just to carry balls of the new PM than it certainly is not good news for Najib and UMNO. Not a good move at all.
Anwar Ibrahim and the oppositions can say umpteen times her name and till kingdom come, if he is innocent he should not worry.
He should take them to the cleaners, otherwise, it wouldn't stop.
FROM ANCIENT MARINER BLOG
In the run-up to the April 7 by-elections, the opposition is now barred from bringing up a number of controversial issues including the murder of Mongolian national Altantuya Shaariibuu in their electoral campaign.
This was announced by Home Minister Syed Hamid Albar, probably as his last hurrah if he cannot make it into incoming premier Najib's "dream team". (Read the Malaysiakini report, here).
This must really take the cake especially since the poor dead woman's name is now already well known in every town and kampung in this country.
My old classmate Dr Nik Azam in Kelantan writes of his kampung coconut plucker who has named his female monkey "Altantuya" and happens to be a staunch "dacing" or BN supporter.
Not to be outdone, his only business rival in the same kampung who is a "bulan" or PAS supporter has named his male monkey "Razak Baginda".
Now what will our men in blue make of this?