Read here the offending article "Syed Hamid: Bukan 'jenaka yang boleh dipermainkan'" in Mingguan Malaysia
The Umno-owned Mingguan Malaysia (the weekend paper of Utusan Malaysia ) ran a banner headline (30 November) with the words "Do not question" (Ketuanan Melayu).
Umno leaders (particularly Home Affairs Minister, Syed Hamid Albar, a wannabe-Malay but who is essentially of Arab descent ) said Ketuanan Melayu was not a joke to be taken lightly in reference to a comment by MCA Deputy President Dr Chua Soi Lek. Read here for more in Malaysian Insider . Mingguan Malaysia reported:
"...Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar menegaskan....bahawa perkara berkaitan ketuanan Melayu bukanlah 'jenaka yang boleh dipermainkan'...."
We say to Utusan Malaysia and to UMNO, "Why NOT ?"
- Firstly, the phrase or the very idea of Ketuanan Melayu does not exist in the Federal Constitution, and thus has no legal standing or force.
- Secondly, Ketuanan Melayu is a blatant racist concept that has no moral justification to be injected into the national psyche. It goes against basic human sensibilities and an affront to our decency as citizens of a multiracial society. The concept of Ketuanan Melayu is synonymous with the abhorrent and rejected concept of APARTHEID (a separatist structure based on the supremacy of the whites over the blacks of South Africa).
- Thirdly, Ketuanan Melayu is NOT an Islamic concept, and totally out of sync with the teachings of Islam. As a matter of fact, it is un-Islamic for the Malays, as Muslims, to claim RACIAL supremacy. The "Ummah" has NO racial divide. Thus it is hypocritical for the UMNO ultra-Malays, while at the same time to claim themselves as Muslims, to propagate this morally offensive myth.
- Fourthly, Ketuanan Melayu was never devised as a constitutional mandate for the Council of Malay Rulers. The protection of Islam and the the Malays' special position under the Constitution have nothing to do with UMNO's racial supremacist ideology wrapped in the Ketuanan Melayu myth. Any attempt by UMNO ultra-Malays to link Ketuanan Melayu myth to the role and function of the Malay Rulers and the Agung, as the royal heads of state for citizens of all races, is political mischief and a direct insult to the respected status of the Malay Rulers.
- Fifthly, never in the history of the great Malay race in this region has this arrogant idea of Ketuanan Melayu embedded in its culture. It was never part of the refined culture of the Malays, then and now. Certainly it has NO place in the Malay culture. No decent Malay individual in the country today, in his/her heart of hearts would even countenance such a culturally arrogant and offensive idea.
What Malaysians are finding it absurd (and surprising to ethnic Malays and other Non-Malays) is that this harping of Ketuanan Melayu comes from someone in UMNO of Arab descent such as the Home Minister Syed Hamid Albar, as well as some UMNO Indian Muslims, such as the former Bukit Bendera UMNO Division Chief Ahmad Ismail, who, claiming to be a Malay, subscribe to this racist Ketuanan Melayu idea.
Indian Muslim-descent from India
- Sixthly, Ketuanan Melayu is a political gimmick created and propagated by UMNO to hem in the Malay populace so as to remain in power at all costs. A myth concocted by the UMNO-ultra Malays during the years of the Mahathir regime when UMNO thought it is the one and only saviour of the Malay race in Malaysia.
There is nothing in the concocted myth of Ketuanan Melayu that is sacrosanct and thus it is par for the course for Malaysians to have discussions in the public domain. What it means is that UMNO ultra-Malays simply have to deal with their own emotions and come to terms with their self-inflicted sensitivities if they cannot handle the debate/discussions on the worthlessness of Ketuanan Melayu to the general wellbeing of the Malay community and to the social fabric of our nation. As they say, "Go sulk in your own little corner."
Thus, it is within every right of Malaysians to question Ketuanan Melayu since it is a concocted myth by UMNO to enhance its negative racial politics to divide and rule multi-racial Malaysians.
We re-emphasise our view: Ketuanan Melayu is a mirage created by UMNO that is devoid of any factual basis, and without any legal, moral or religious standing. It should rightly be treated very lightly, or better still, as one of UMNO's many sick jokes to hoodwink the Malays and other Malaysians.
No amount of intimidation or threats by Utusan Malaysia or UMNO leaders will prevent rationally-minded Malay, Chinese or Indian Malaysians to debate or even question the concocted myth of Ketuanan Melayu of UMNO.
Kelantan Menteri Besar Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat had said Islam was a religion above race, so it was wrong to identify Malays with Islam as there were also Chinese and Indian who were Muslims. It was for this reason, he said, that he disagreed with the Ketuanan Melayu (Malay supremacy) ideology because in Islam there was NO emphasis on race. Read here for more
We DO NOT normally subscribe to the politics of MCA, but in this case, we agree fully with the views of MCA Deputy President Chua Soi Lek.
We share the same view as Dr. Chua Soi Lek that , firstly, Malaysians of all races have generally accepted Malay political leadership but that does not mean acceptance of the obnoxious supremacist idea of Ketuanan Melayu. Secondly, the ruling parties in Government should focus on NATIONAL issues NOT RACIAL ISSUES.
The problem today in the country is the entrenched tendency of this UMNO-Government to have public funds and services sorted by column headings of Malay, Chinese, Indian,Ibans, Dayaks, etc.
The MCA President Ong Tee Keat has shown he is a spineless and a self-indulgent leader in not supporting his Deputy President when the latter is being harassed unfairly by UMNO and the Mingguan Malaysia paper for speaking out what most Malaysians and particularly MCA grassroot members are saying about Ketuanan Melayu.
UMNO has not learnt the lessons of March 8 election, nor has Ong Tee Keat fully understood the frustrations of Chinese voters against the previous MCA leadership and its dominant partner, UMNO.
We ask, why shouldn't Malaysians question UMNO's myth about Ketuanan Melayu? Why should Malaysians fear the threat and intimidation? Another UMNO-inspired riot? ISA?
Malaysians have moved on to seek a more inclusive national agenda since March 8, 2008.
We say to UMNO, STOP this crap about Ketuanan Melayu. It is a myth and YOU know that.
For as long as UMNO leaders persist on harping on Ketuanan Melayu, we and ALL decent-minded Malaysians will continue to question its existence and its worthlessness to nation-building.
Here are what Malaysians think of the myth of Ketuanan Melayu
FROM GERAKAN GABUNGAN GRADUAN MELAYU MUDA WEBSITE
GABUNGAN GRADUAN MELAYU MUDA (GGMM)
SUITE 2.3 TINGKAT 2, FIMA BUILDING
JALAN MEDAN SETIA 1BUKIT DAMANSARA
Posted by GRADUAN MELAYU (1st December 2008)
1st December 2008
MEMANG KAMI RACIST.....
Cina makan babi....
Keling makan biawak........
Catch me if U can!!!!!
Posted by Graduan Melayu at 11:25 AM
OTHER RACIALLY INFLAMMATORY REMARKS POSTED BY "GRADUAN MELAYU" ON GABUNGAN GRADUAN MELAYU MUDA (GGMM)
Posted by Graduan Melayu at 1:05 PM Saturday, November 29, 2008 Read here
Posted by Graduan Melayu at 3:40 PM Friday, November 28, 2008. Read here
Keling makan Biawak.....Kulit hitam macam arang....Makan sirih ludah sini sana...Melayu bangsat pergi jilat ludah sirih keling tu...
Melayu GGMM baik....Melayu bangsat tak sokong GGMM...
Kami meluat melihat gelagat pemimpin Melayu sekarang. Bila cina dan keling kurang ajar dan mencabar Perlembagaan Persekutuan, selain dari berhimpun dan menghantar memorandum, hebat sikit kita buat laporan polis. THEN WHAT?????
Adakah cina dan keling takut? adakah mereka menghentikan serta merta cabaran mereka terhadap bangsa Melayu??? Jawapannya TIDAK. Malah mereka mencabar lagi....dan lagi.........
Jadi GGMM ingin memperkenalkan satu budaya baru di kalangan orang Melayu.Kita heret mereka ke mahkamah.
Panel peguam GGMM terdiri daripada 8 orang Peguam berpengalaman dan 5 orang Pegawai Penyelidik yang 3 antaranya memiliki ijazah sarjana Undang-undang Perbandingan dan Syariah serta turut di sertai dan di sokong oleh 4 orang Pensyarah Undang-undang IPTA yang kesemuanya memiliki PhD.
Terima kasih kepada yang telah menyumbang. Kempen RM1 seorang untuk Tabung Undang-Undang GGMM kini mencecah angka RM562.80.
Posted by Graduan Melayu at 2:43 PM Read here GGMM RASIST Bab 2 and here