Negeri Sembilan Regent Tunku Naquiyuddin Tuanku Jaffar outlined how the political twist has affected the rulers at a luncheon address on 'The Role of the Constitutional Monarchy in 21st Century Malaysia' in Kuala Lumpur (26 Nov 2008).
In the speech, Tunku Naquiyuddin pointed out that the rulers share a close rapport with the rakyat and by being apolitical, this gives them an honest and accurate view of the situation.
Inevitably,the ruler has to assert himself in the political process while trying his best to be apolitical,Tunku Naquiyuddin said. Read here for more (Read here full text of Tunku Naquiyuddin Tuanku Jaffar's speech)
Negeri Sembilan Regent Tunku Naquiyuddin Tuanku Jaffar recently spoke about an ‘emboldened monarchy’, and the ‘role of royalty’.
Malaysians have been waiting and hoping for this intervention for a very long time and, while it is most definitely late in coming, this intervention is very much welcomed and appreciated by all thinking Malaysians.
The Malay rulers wear ceremonial clothes with a KRIS, a symbol of courage and honour. It is thus expected that a Malay ruler is bold and honourable.
Please allow me to state a citizen's view about the absence of the Malay rulers based on recent occurrence in our once proud and respected country.
- Where were the rulers when a fellow Malay and Muslim was falsely accused of sodomy and charged in court, over proceedings that made us the laughing stock of the Eastern world?
- Where were they when their citizens were attacked and beaten by brutal police, and when even a child was arrested while trying to accompany her mother in the pursuit of justice ?
- Where did they disappear to when their own member of royalty was arrested and locked-up for merely asking questions that everyone needs answers too?
- Where was this boldness when places of worship were being torn down by the very same authorities who turned an accommodating blind eye to brothels and illegal casinos? Did the religion say it was important to prevent people from worshipping a false god but okay to allow them to gamble and collude in acts of prostitution?
- Where were they when the entire country watched, aghast, as video evidence was shown on national television of a senior lawyer colluding with the chief justice on the appointments of judges, a role the rulers themselves were supposed to be directly involved in ?
- Where were they when a former VVIP diverted huge amounts of EPF and Petronas funds to save companies owned by his son?
- Where were (they) when a cabinet minister swore on the Holy Book that she was innocent and was subsequently proven to have lied?
March 8 was more than the embolding of the monarchs (RULERS).
March 8 emboldened the ENTIRE nation.
March 8 showed that in our country, despite the vast government agencies and machineries employed against one man, truth and justice would prevail.
March 8 showed Malaysians that we have a chance to liberate ourselves and show the world that we can remake ourselves.
March 8 has shown us that ‘Malaysia Boleh’ can truly mean something else.
OTHER DISTRESS CALLS
Deputy MCA president Chua Soi Lek was being investigated under the Sedition Act 1948,and questioned by the police for 40 minutes today in relation to his speech last week on Ketuanan Melayu (Malay supremacy). Read here Gerakan Graduan Melayu Muda (GGMM) Website Persistently Posts RACIALLY INFLAMMATORY Remarks on Chinese and Indians without being investigated under SEDITION Act
Ruling party's racist agenda
RACIST UMNO Division Chief Ahmad Ismail is ABOVE the Law of the Land
Arrest of innocent citizens
Cronyism and the power of the un-elected
Violence against journalists
Blatant racism in Govt-owned media
Little Nurin's murderers still not found by police after more than a year
Where did he get the money??
(COMMENTS DISABLED FOR THIS POSTING)