MB Mohamad Nizar urged the Perak Sultan to dissolve the state assembly so that a new state election could be held.He said that he would be seeking audience with the sultan at 4pm. Read here for more
Constitutional experts have said calling for snap polls is the only way out of Perak State's political quagmire with the Election Commission refusing to call for by-elections in Behrang and Changkat Jering.
But political circles are buzzing with talk that Perak Sultan Azlan Shah has asked Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Nizar Jamaluddin to form a Unity Government following confirmation DAP State assemblyperson/Deputy House Speaker Hee Yit Foong today has resigned from her party. Read here for more.
Note: Our view is that under present political climate, a Unity Government is a BAD idea, does not make any sense given the circumstances of the crisis, and thus, should not be even contemplated. Read here for more
WAKIL RAKYAT MALAYSIA , MUDAH DILELONG
Malaysian politicians, not only they cannot be trusted, they have become a bunch of spineless, unprincipled and self-interested hypocrites, idiotic masters in the art of hoodwinking voters during an election campaign to trust them.
- Now it is DAP's turn: After making a fool of everybody, including her voters in her constituency in Jelapang, Perak, state assemblyperson/deputy House speaker Hee Yit Foong today confirmed that she has resigned from her party.Her resignation was confirmed by Perak DAP secretary Nga Kor Ming.
By virtue of her decision, Hee loses her position as the state legislative assembly deputy speaker.
The latest development plunges the Pakatan Rakyat state government, which is on the verge of collapse, further into crisis.. Read here for more
- The fate of Pakatan Rakyat government in Perak worsen this afternoon when Menteri Besar Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin told reporters that a recently-defected representative from Umno had gone missing.
It speculated that Bota state assemblyperson Nasarudin Hashim, who joined PKR on Jan 25, is on his way back to Umno.
This latest development would put the Pakatan government under tremendous pressure following the earlier decision of its three Pakatan representatives to become independents.Read here for more
- According to Malaysiakini's report, the Election Commission (EC) announced that by-elections were NOT necessary for the state seats of Changkat Jering and Behrang as there were doubts on the resignation letters submitted by the representatives.
- Two two state excos have been incommunicado for the past five days and have been out of contact with family members and state officials.
Menteri Besar Mohammad Nizar also urged the duo - Behrang assemblyperson Jamaluddin Mat Radzi and Changkat Jering state representative Osman Jailu - to come forward even if they have decided to join the Barisan Nasional.Read here for more
- Behrang assemblyman Jamaluddin Mohd Radzi has resigned from PKR in a huff over Pakatan Rakyat’s move to declare his seat vacant, saying he will remain an independent in the 59-seat Perak state assembly.However, he was unsure if Changkat Jering assemblyman Osman Jailu would do the same. Both errant PKR state executive councillors have been missing for the past week, raising fears they had defected to Umno and forcing the Pakatan Rakyat government to request for by-elections. Read here for more
- ABDUCTION: He was a PKR member for 10 days and now he back to his old party - Bota state assemblyperson Nasarudin Hashim, who joined PKR on Jan 25, has returned to Umno's folds. Suspicion that not all is well came this afternoon when Nasarudin went missing. Speaking to reporters at his office about 3pm, Mohammad Nizar said that Nasarudin's family had informed him that the politician was "abducted on his way to Ipoh from Kuala Lumpur". The MB received the information while addressing a press conference.He received a telephone call from Nasarudin's wife who told him that her husband had been taken to Deputy Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak's official residence in Putrajaya.
- Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has asked Umno to consider all views before accepting the errant PKR duo that has set off the political impasse. Mahathir said Umno is already seen as corrupt, breaking promises and giving priority to Abdullah's crony in Terengganu, he said: "If we add to all this by accepting those accused of sexual bribery, Umno's image will get worse. Is Umno so desperate that it cannot wait for the criminal court decision against them before accepting them. If they are accepted now and then found not guilty, the so-called Umno-led government will be accused of influencing the court. True or not does not matter as the public's perception is such. It will have an effect in the 13th general election." Read here for more
- PKR Ipoh Barat division chief Fauzi Muda says he was offered RM50 million by Umno deputy president Datuk Seri Najib Razak to entice Perak state assemblypersons to leave the Pakatan Rakyat state government."Datuk Seri Najib requested that I help persuade at least two Perak state assemblypersons, preferably from PKR, to switch parties to Umno, or become Independents," Fauzi Muda said in a statutory declaration dated 2 Feb 2009, and released to the press today.In the declaration, Fauzi described a face-to-face meeting he had with Najib on 11 March 2008, during which the deputy prime minister made him the aforementioned offer.Read here for more
Post a Comment