It has been reported that Michael Jackson, King of Pop, had converted to Islam in 2008.
Note: Read here and here for more:
Michael Jackson converted to Islam and changed his name to Mikaeel, it has been claimed.Michael Jackson's Funeral
The 50-year-old singer, who has previously been photographed wearing a traditional Arab women's veil, reportedly became a Muslim in a ceremony at a friend's house in Los Angeles.
The singer, who was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, is said to have sat on the floor and worn a small hat while an imam officiated at the home of Steve Porcaro, who composed music on his Thriller album.
Michael Jackson’s PARENTS will be the ones who decide Michael Jackson’s funeral arrangements.
It will not matter what Michael Jackson’s religion was – THEY (the parents) will decide.
For example, if Michael was MUSLIM and they (the PARENTS) want to give him a Christian service, it will be a Christian service.
That is the law.
In California, the right to control disposition of a person’s remains and make funeral arrangements is controlled by Health and Safety Code Section 7100.
There is a pecking order of possible rightholders who can control funeral arrangements. This is the order:
1. If Michael Jackson left written instructions for his funeral services, and the means to pay for them, those directions may not be altered, changed, or otherwise amended in any material way. At this time, it is not believed that Michael Jackson left such written instructions. The instructions would have to be in writing to be valid – not what he verbally told someone. Michael Jackson did not leave any instructions in his will.
2. An agent under a power of attorney for health care who has the right and duty of disposition.At this time it is not believed that Michael Jackson gave anyone a power of attorney with such rights.This special type of power of attorney is not included in Michael Jackson’s will.
3. Spouse.Michael was divorced and thus does not have a spouse recognized in California to decide his funeral arrangements.
4. Adult Children.Michael Jackson’s children are all minors.
(But) if Michael Jackson's death had taken place in Malaysia......
- Hospital officials are obliged to inform the religious Islamic authorities of whichever state he died, about his death.
- Then the Islamic authorities will come to the hospital to CLAIM his body.
- And they will most probably REFUSE the right of his family members to have such a memorial.
- They (Islamic authorities) will NEVER wait another day to bury his body UNLESS the family members get a stay order from the court.
- But again, the religious authorities will go to the Syariah Court and get the go- ahead order.
- They will produce all the papers to proof that he was a Muslim now.
- Michael Jackson might have just attended a church service a week ago, but of course that doesn't matter.
- Whether or not he lived as a Muslim when he was alive is not the question here, HE HAS TO BE BURIED as a Muslim because he has converted.
The conclusion here is, the family can't have the memorial service, Lionel Richie can't sing the song 'Jesus Is Love' and the pastor will surely won't have the opportunity to say any prayers.
11 July 2009
Michael Jackson’s body is being held at a crypt owned by Motown legend Berry Gordy, it is being reported.
The King Of Pop’s remains are at the crypt as the Jackson family reportedly cannot decide where he should be buried.
The white-marble crypt is in the Court of Remembrance section of the Forest Lawn Cemetery in the Hollywood Hills, says the New York Post .
The report also says that Jackson’s brain is still being tested by coroners.
Jermaine Jackson and father Joe reportedly want Michael to be buried at Neverland Ranch, while mother Katherine and the remaining siblings believe he should not be buried there as his final years at the ranch were unhappy due to allegations of child molestation.
If Michael Jackson had died in Malaysia, all hell would break lose. The local religious authoity would challenge the whole United States for the body to be reclaimed and brought back by his family for burial as they wish. And our civil courts would rule they have no juridiction on the matter as it comes within the purview of the Syariah courts. This gonna be a good learning experience for popular non-Malaysian entertainers or whomsoever VVIPs who are believed to have embraced Islam to be aware and not to die while in Malaysia.
I guess the question is not relevant to those who can differentiate religion, Islam, and law.
If Islam is a religion then why the Quran say it is "Ad Deen" means way of life. It is a lot of different between those who take Islam as religion and those who make Islam as the way of life.
In Michael case, witnesses of his conversion have huge responsibilities to Allah and by Allah will the truth prevail and it is not necessary happen in this world.
That is why local religious authority believed that they have that responsibilities. It is not the world that important. It is the punishment in the Hereafter. So I guess this is a case of no argument with those who do not.
Michael Jackson was Muslim or christian. Their parents have no problem then why you make an issue.and we have also no problem at all.
Post a Comment